- Nicki Minaj is a legitimately talented artist
- Why is it that only darker-skinned women are included as evidence of the downfall of society?
- Why is there only one darker-skinned women included in previous decades? Lena Horne? Nichelle Nichols? Billie Holiday? Ella Fitzgerald? Aretha Franklin?
- Picking icons for an entire decade in the second year? Ummm.
- GRACE KELLY AND GENE KELLY ARE NOT THE SAME FUCKING PERSON IF YOU’RE GOING TO GET RACIST AND INSULTING THEN AT LEAST GET YOUR FUCKING ICONS RIGHT GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
I’d take ten Snookis and a dozen Kim Kardashians over half a Margaret Thatcher any day of the week.
I look at this and think: “I hate the world!”
Not to mention where’s Sonia Sotomayor, Madeline Albright, Hilary Clinton, Oprah, Condoleeza Rice, Leontyne Price, Maria Tallchief…I mean if we’re going to talk icons in any era shouldn’t we actually pay attention to the events of that era?
Is it bad that I thought this chart was about hairstyles?
To be fair, that would have made much more sense…
Lessee here: white woman, white woman, white woman white woman, whitewomanwhitewomanwhitewoman…and look! A Negress.
Well, at least some of the white women looking at this will feel that, per usual, they are the ideals of the eras and, thus, further solidifying their white female privilege and attendant entitlement.
And, at the end of the day, isn’t that the only thing that matters? (/sarcasm)